Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Jen Hitchings, Ctrl+alt+reality @ Ideal Glass


I haven’t been camping since I was a little child, and I’ve been told by loved ones that my memory is less than reliable, but I am certain Jen Hitchings’s paintings depict how I remember camping was as a child.  The campground basks in a sunset haze of translucent lights, fluctuating from a golden orange to a terrifying darkness punctuated by metallic reds and purples.  Hitchings’s color palate is undeniably attractive and very effective at ascribing a fantastically romantic mood to these familiar little family camping areas, nestled at the edge of rivers, which at first sight might not seem like the most stunning examples of nature, but become undeniably authentic as you settle in and the sun goes down and the branches rustle and bugs make noise and you become very much aware that you are part of the natural world.



Through May 17th

0 comments:

Post a Comment