Saturday, March 1, 2014

Rod Penner @ Ameringer | McEnery | Yohe


Goddamn Rod Penner and his small photo-realistic paintings. They get me in the door every time. From the sidewalk, I always think it’s a photography show, and I always get in to find his stupid little paintings that make for unspectacular photographs and even more puzzling paintings. What is the interest in photo-realistic painting? The technique? Is it really that impressive nowadays? Hell, I even got a picture or two in before I realized they weren’t digital inkjet prints on canvas. And why does Penner keep doing this? Doesn’t the ability to make things look like photographs just get repetitive?



Already Down

1 comments:

Unknown said...

it is very rewarding. i love photography but nobody cares about a photo i take unless its a photoreal painting. I love painting, so, i paint

Post a Comment