Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Dana Gordon & John Mendelsohn “New Paintings” @ Sideshow



I was walking along Bedford from the L to meet my family for dinner and spotted Gary Peterson about a half a block in front of me about. I have met Peterson very briefly once or twice, and I am pretty sure he doesn’t know who I am, but I like his paintings a great deal, as they tend to rise above the glut of graphic abstraction that overwhelms Bushwick. So I kept walking to dinner / stalking Gary Peterson, until he ducked into a gallery. As I was running a little early, I popped in and found myself at the opening of Dana Gordon and John Mendelsohn at Sideshow. The show had an unsurprising abundance of graphic abstraction, the kind of thing that is tasteful but rarely memorable. Wouldn’t have been better if it was Gary Peterson’s paintings.


Already Down

0 comments:

Post a Comment