Friday, November 18, 2011

Tris Vonna-Michell @ Metro Pictures Gallery



My understanding is that if you sat down and spent some time with the audio and the slide loop, there were some rather compelling stories about something that surely would make for a good New Yorker piece. But something about tables with piles of images and documents paired with headphones and slides just makes me feel like I am being asked to work a case as an Eastern European intelligence analyst. The presentation just does not inspire me to invest the time to get in there and really understand what is going on. I feel that art should at least get dressed up and buy me a drink before I invest my time. I do, however, suspect that in some Whitney independent study discussion group, this kind of thing inspires a lot of heated debate.


Already Down
Metro Pictures Gallery (519 W 24th St. Btw. 10th & 11th Aves.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment