Friday, February 17, 2012

Damien Hirst: The Complete Spot Paintings 1986-2011 @ Gagosian Gallery


If you missed the piece on Damien Hirst and Larry Gagosian in the New Yorker, I think it is a good encapsulation of my feelings on the dots.

Larry Gagosian: So I ball so hard collectors wanna fine me, but first collectors gotta find me. What's 50 grand to a muhfucka like me, can you please remind me? Ball so hard, this shit crazy. Y'all don't know that don't shit phase me. The gallery could go 0-11 in sales and I look at you like this shit gravy. Ball so hard, this shit weird, we ain't even s'pose to be here. Ball so hard, since we here. It's only right that we be fair.

Damien Hirst: Psycho, I'm liable to go Michael take your pick, angelo, Spano, Kelly, Dirty

Gagosian: Ball so hard, got a broke clock, Rolleys that don't tick tock, Audemars that's losing time, hidden behind all these big rocks. Ball so hard, I'm shocked too, I'm supposed to be criticized too, If you escaped what I've escaped you'd be in Paris getting fucked up too. Ball so hard, let's get faded, Le Meurice for like 6 days, gold bottles, scold models, spillin' Ace on my sick J's, bitch behave, just might let you meet Da, Chels towns D. Hirst, I'm movin' the Gallery to BK. Ball so hard collectors wanna fine me, that shit kray.

Hirst: What's Gucci my buddy? What's Louie my killa? What's drugs my deala? What's that jacket, Margiela? Doctors say I'm the illest cause I'm suffering from realness. Got my collectors in Paris, and they going gorillas, huh!

Gagosian: Ball so hard collectors wanna fine me, ball so hard collectors wanna fine me.

Hirst: You are now watching the throne. Don't let me get in my zone. These other artist is lyin', actin' like the spring ain't mine.

Gagosian: You know how many hot bitches I own?

Hirst: Don't let me get in my zone. The dots is in the building, the dots is to the ceiling, I know I'm bout to kill it.

Gagosian: How you know?

Hirst: I got that feeling, you are now watching the throne, don't let me into my zone.

Gagosian & Hirst: I'm definitely in my zone!


0 comments:

Post a Comment